ITIL Foundation (virtual/online)
NOTE: The price includes an ITIL Foundation exam voucher that you can redeem at your nearest Pearson VUE testing center.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The April 26-28, 2016 ITIL Foundation course will be delivered virtually/online. Students will access the virtual classroom from 8:00am – 5:00pm PT daily via the iLinc platform. All attendees should verify connectivity and compatibility at www.ilinc.com/services/support. Session invites will be sent via email the week prior to the class start date. A teleconference number will also be provided. Attendees should ensure they have an appropriate means of access. Courseware will be shipped to students individually prior to the start of the class.
ITIL is the single comprehensive documentation of best practices for IT Service Management. These practices are especially helpful for demonstrating compliance and measuring improvement within your organization. In order to progress to the intermediate levels of ITIL certification, you need to start with ITIL Foundation and prove your mastery of the basic concepts.
Training of this kind can cost upwards of $2,000 through other providers. Thanks to our education partnerships, we are able to offer the 3-day ITIL Foundation course for $1,495 for MISAC members and $1,695 for non-members. This course is open to the public, so please share this opportunity with your fellow IT professionals!
Since its establishment in 1999, Training Camp has focused its business on enabling personal and organizational achievement through effective, efficient information technology education. Their motto, “Together, we will change the way people learn,” demonstrates their commitment to serving customer-centric educational solutions that deliver unparalleled value to their students and those firms that employ them. They are a trusted training partner of MISAC and MuniTech Academy, and have previously run an ITIL Foundation course for MISAC.
(Text courtesy of TrainingCamp.com)
This 3 day hands-on 2011 Foundation certification training program introduces the student to the fundamentals of IT Service Management as described in the 2011 edition of the IT Infrastructure Library. Accredited by CSME, the course helps students prepare for the certification exam along with acquiring valuable insights from instructors with extensive practical experience in managing IT organizations and deploying successful ITIL-based Service Management programs.
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization
- Identify Service Management processes and understand how they map to the Service Lifecycle
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle
- Identify the relationships among the components of the Service Lifecycle and understand how they map to other components
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle
Service Management Defined
- IT services and what they really do
- How IT services deliver value to customers
- Value and importance of IT service management
- Good practices
- Ease ITIL adoption
- ITIL qualification scheme, bodies, and certifications
- Design, develop, and implement service management
- Service management as a strategic asset
- Setting objectives and expectations
- Identify and select prioritization opportunities
- Design and develop services
- Develop processes
- Design principles and methods
- Convert strategy into services
- Develop and improve capabilities
- Improved methods for transitioning new and changed services into operation
- Manage the complexity related to changes
- Prevent undesired results while enabling innovation
- Effectively and efficiently deliver support services
- Ensure value to customer and service provider
- Maintain stability while allowing for change
- Organize to improve IT support to customers
Continual Service Improvement
- Create and maintain value for customers
- Importance of better design, introduction, and operation of services
- Improving service quality, business continuity, and IT efficiency
- Link improvement efforts to strategy, design, and transition
- Important techniques to help you pass your exam
* Once you have paid for this course, it is non-refundable unless MISAC needs to cancel the course due to lack of a minimum number of attendees.
(Back to top)