Microsoft Project Professional 2016
RESCHEDULED: Sept 11, 2018
1 day – Rancho Cordova, CA
Price: $450 for MISAC members and partners;
$550 for non-members
This course is designed to familiarize students with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 so they can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In this course, you will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2016. You will:
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks. Manage resources in a project plan.
- Finalize a project plan.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. The following course can help you in meeting this requirement: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition). You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 10. The following courses can help you meet this requirement: Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 Microsoft® Windows® 10 Transition from Windows® 7 Finally, you should have competency in using other Microsoft Office applications—preferably Office 2016. You can take any of the Office 2016 course offerings to attain the requisite knowledge and skills.
Use code “EMS” for a special rate of $95/night.
SRFECC has ample parking on-site for those driving in. If you require public transportation, please visit the Sacramento Regional Transit website for options.
FOOD & DRINK
Coffee, hot and cold water, tea, fruit, baked goods, lunch and dinner will be provided each day. Please contact Saara Lampwalla at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies so we can make alternate arrangements.
Microsoft Project Professional 2016 Course Outline
Course outline provided by New Horizons
1 – GETTING STARTED WITH MICROSOFT PROJECT
• Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
• Topic B: Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
2 – DEFINING A PROJECT
• Topic A: Create a New Project Plan Topic B: Define a Project Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
3 – CREATING AND ORGANIZING TASKS
• Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
• Topic B: Import Tasks From Other Programs
• Topic C: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
• Topic D: Define Task Relationships Topic E: Schedule Tasks
4 – MANAGING PROJECT PLAN RESOURCES
• Topic A: Add Resources to a Project Plan
• Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
• Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
• Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
• Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
5 – FINALIZING A PROJECT PLAN
• Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
• Topic B: Set a Baseline
• Topic C: Share a Project Plan