Identity with Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Details Coming Soon!
About this course
Windows Server vNext, which we now refer to as Microsoft Server 2016, is a server OS developed specifically so it could perform as running network applications’ platform. This intermediate level Microsoft Server 2016 training course lets IT professionals to configure and deploy AD DS easily within a distributed environment. It further teaches these professionals about doing backup and restore, implementing Group Policy, manage and fix issues that may arise in Active Directory with deployment of Active Directory server roles like AD FS and AD CS. However, the core purpose of this training is to ensure that students are prepared for the Microsoft 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016 certification exam.
Module 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
This module describes features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). It also covers the considerations for deploying DCs.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
This module describes how to use various techniques to manage objects in AD DS. This includes creating and configuring user, group, and computer objects.
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
Module 3: Advanced AD DS Infrastructure management
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests. The module provides an overview of the components in an advanced AD DS deployment, the process of implementing a distributed AD DS environment, and the procedure for configuring AD DS trusts.
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations. The module explains how replication works in Windows Server 2016 AD DS environment.
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
This module describes how to implement a GPO infrastructure. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administrating GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
This module describes how to configure Group Policy settings and Group Policy preferences. This includes implementing administrative administrative templates, configuring folder redirection and scripts, and configuring Group Policy preferences.
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, Software Installation, and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
Module 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
This module describes how to configure domain controller security, account security, password security, and Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA).
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
This module describes how to implement an AD CS deployment. This includes deploying, administering, and troubleshooting CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
This module describes how to deploy and manage certificates in an AD DS environment. This involves deploying and managing certificate templates, managing certificate revocation and recovery, using certificates in a business environment, and implementing smart cards.
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
This module describes AD FS and how to configure AD FS in a single-organization scenario and in a partner-organization scenario.
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
Sign up for our newsletter to get notified when the next Windows Server 2016 class will be!